Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Guess who's back???





My crappy phone camera doesn't do her justice.. she is a beaut
Found in the same hoarder's house as the Silent, this nasty Royal did not survive the years so well. It was unfortunately not covered like the Silent was, and all that grime got in the guts of the machine.


I must have gotten to excited, because I completely forgot to mention the history fair. My project? Technology as it advanced through the years.

Some of my most popular display items were typewriters, of course. The IBM in the center is non-functional, but visitors to my display were encouraged to try the Royal and Olympia on the sides.

All typewriters (and other artifacts, for that matter) used in my display were found in the school basement... the coolest part is that I got to keep the typewriters after the fair ended!



Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Your new S-C Silent looks like she's in superb condition - I look forward to seeing more pictures when you add her to the TWDB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back. It'd be fun to join with Ton S, you, and others in the Chicago area to do a type in this summer. Maybe in Woodstock, Ill., or at the Oliver building in downtown Chicago.
    My parents had that model "Silent" that I used to "play" with when I was kid - loved the floating shift!

    ReplyDelete